Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sharing

As soon as I typed that title, a chorus of "Mine!  Mine!  Mine!" jumbled around my brain, a distant memory from the movie Finding Nemo (the seagulls in the harbor when they spotted the crab, if memory serves me).  Children are so quick to holler that out.  Our hearts are, after all, terribly selfish.

The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
Jeremiah 17:9 nasb

My own little Joey, when he was four and realized his little brother was gnawing on one of his toys, ran over to Jacob, shouting, "Hey, share!  Share me!"  I don't think he had sharing in mind.

But when the Lord gets hold of a heart, it changes.

And all those who had believed were together
and had all things in common;
and they began selling their property and possessions
and were sharing them with all,
as anyone might have need.
Acts 2:44-45 nasb


Oh, let me post one more Scripture!

Instruct them to do good,
to be rich in good works,
to be generous and ready to share...
Ephesians 6:18 nasb

Living life.
Capturing life.

Christine

Visit my family blog!
Indeed My Heritage

No comments:

Post a Comment