Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Waters Teem and Birds Fly

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures,
and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens."
Genesis 1:20 nasb


On my first golf-cart nature expedition last week in Georgia, Miss S spied some turtles sunning themselves on a log in the creek beside the golf cart path.  We continued on our errands, stopping on the way home at the spot she noted.  One turtle remained, with its dirt-stained shell, on the log.


What a beautiful sight!  I remember my girlhood in New Jersey, when my brothers and I walked to the little woods at the end of our street, tromping around on a search for turtles.

Towards the end of our expedition, Dee was driving along when a splash of color caught my eye.  I gasped so loudly that she stopped.

"Go back!  Go back!"  I whispered excitedly.

Yep, I bossed my sister around, but she happily backed the golf cart up about 30 feet or so.  And there he was, in all his red glory, waiting for me to change lenses and capture a few close-ups.  Glorious!



Thank You, Lord, for Your amazing creation, so brilliantly displayed for those who stop and look.  Thank you, Dee, for letting me "boss" you around, for driving me around every which way, stopping on a dime, waiting patiently while I shoot, and finally--for sharing my own wonder and awe at the power of our Lord in creation.  You are truly a treasure to me.

Living life; capturing life.

Christine

visit my family blog!
Indeed My Heritage

1 comment:

  1. what gorgeous photos!! i love them...we had a cardinal here where i live, but the hubby had the camera, and well...it was kinda blurry lol! but you can see the red tho ;)...

    ReplyDelete