Friday, April 1, 2011

365 Project -- Showcased Image {March}!!

March 2011


My March 18 photo has been chosen as the March 2011 Image of the Month!!
Click here to see the official blog announcement!  (Can you tell I'm thrilled?)

[77] March 18 -- A boy and his reflection, the Bean, Chicago


The details

On a rare visit downtown Chicago, my husband and I stopped at the Bean for some quick shots.  I was standing along the edge of the garden area (about 50 feet away) and people-watching.  I had already attached my telephoto lens in hopes of getting some candid shots, when I spotted this little boy who was fascinated with his reflection.  I shot a series of three images, and chose this one with his hands touching his reflection.  I applied a pre-set "yesteryear" edit to bump up the yellows/oranges, tweaked the clarity a bit, then vignetted the image.


Camera Settings

Body:  Canon 40D
Lens:  70-300mm at 300mm
ISO:  100
Mode:  Aperture Priority
f Stop:  f/5.6
Shutter Speed:  1/500 sec.


Capturing the moments of life.

Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Find me on Facebook

2 comments: