Friday, May 27, 2011

Reflections on Vero

Mid-May.  What a crazy, hectic time to take a vacation, with upcoming graduation, homeschool convention, and college-in-the-fall preparations filling the bulk of my time.  Did I mention I have a photography business, too?  ;)

But this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us, since Lori and her family invited us to go.  They reserved a beach cottage on the Atlantic Ocean, and let me tell you, it doesn't get any more "on" the ocean than that!  Because I grew up on the Atlantic Ocean, the longing for sea breezes and crashing waves was once again rekindled, and that longing was fulfilled for one glorious week.

Ellie came along with me--of course!!--and the photographer in me was compelled to capture all those fleeting memories and treasured times with friends and my own family.  The special week brought much-needed refreshment for the upcoming busy-ness of life at the end of a school year.  I wanted to share my favorite artistic shots here, because I'm in a reminiscing mood, and because I simply want to share them with you.  :)


Since both Fernando and I had to remove our rings for fear of losing them in the ocean (which I almost did), I figured I'd experiment with them and my macro lens.  I love the below photo, and the heart shape the rings form.

Moonrise -- in case you wondered!

If you look closely at the above image, you can see two meteorite trails above the moon.  The more visible one is directly above and slightly to the right of the moon, and the other is above and to the left of the moon, trailing off the image.  Now, below are the sunrises.  :)


A moonrise, a sunrise...  And on the last morning, my sweet Joseph and I walked to the beach to enjoy our last Atlantic sunrise of the week.


The day dawned bright and cloudless, and it seemed like a sign of hope for my son and his future.  As he sat there on the beach, looking around, I captured several things--the nature of being autistic and alone, not recognizing the glorious scene before his eyes, but also HOPE for his future.  Hope from the Lord.


It was a splendid way to end our vacation, and begin a new chapter together.


Capturing the moments of life.

Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Find me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment