Monday, August 22, 2011

365 Project -- #225-231

This is the time in my week when I look back at the images I've captured
the week before, and choose my seven favorites.
These seven--one for each day of the week--are featured below.
Enjoy!!


Last week was a week for both indoor and outdoor photography.  I have been shooting in manual mode almost all of the time, with my fallback setting of Aperture Value mode if I'm getting task-saturated.  It has been a challenge, but a good challenge, and I have enjoyed every minute.  My week...

...started with an indoor celebration:

[225] August 13 -- Yellow rose

 [226] August 14 -- 50th anniversary cake


The groom's cake--yes, this is a cake:

[227] August 15 -- Stetson groom's cake


...then my week went outdoors a bit:

I took my family on a photo shoot; here's what happened at the end:

[228] August 16 -- Fun and fellowship


...then back indoors...

I spent a hot day indoors, but the results were great:

[229] August 17 -- Tomato and basil


...and ended up both indoors (cooking) and outdoors (eating)...

Inspired by farmer's market vendors, I decided to make dinner--home make, as much as possible.  Bacon from my farmer, organic lettuce (OK, from the store), tomatoes from my garden, homemade mayo, homemade whole-wheat tortillas, homemade pesto.  We ate at our patio table in the back yard.  Simple.  Summer.  Heaven.

[230] August 18 -- BLT and tomatoes with pesto

[231] August 19 -- Simple. Summer. Meal.


May the Lord bless you and your camera adventures this week!


Capturing the moments of life.

Christine

6 comments:

  1. wow, the groom's cake is fantastic!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one amazing groom's cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing! I cannot believe that groom's cake...NEVER would have guessed that was a cake! NEVER!

    Your family looks about as crazy as mine... ;)
    I love the lighting on the canning jar. And, the food pics are making me hungry...

    Great job! You are a wonderful photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That groom's cake is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu did great this week. I love the family silliness and the cake is awesome! Yeah for you canning. I miss that my mom does not can anymore. I used to love to watch her...I probably should have learned. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first photo, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete