Tuesday, January 3, 2012

365 Project -- #358-365

This is the time in my week when I look back at the images I've captured
throughout the previous week, and choose my seven favorites.
These seven--one for each day of the week--are featured below.


December 24 - December 31


Last week was...well, it was the last week of the 365 Project!  I've stuck with it all year, though I didn't start until mid-January.  It has been a very good year for my photography; I've learned so much and never thought I'd be where I am.  Plus, there are lots of new things in store this year!

Without any fanfare, here are my last images of 2011...

I love blue, but it's so hard to find winter decor in blue.  Don't ask me why--snowflakes and snow lend themselves to blue and silver so beautifully.  I found a tablecloth (not pictured) and matching cloth napkins at a post-Christmas sale at Target one year, and they fit my blue theme perfectly.  :)

[358] Place setting

Jacob and Thomas received broomball sticks for Christmas.  Now they're desperately praying for cold weather so the skating rink will freeze.

 [359] Christmas sports

I caught this candid of Jacob with his grandma on Christmas afternoon.  Sweet.

[360] Christmas sweetness

As we were preparing for dinner, the doorbell rang and we were serenaded by this lovely family.  Helen is a dear friend, and they all are a huge blessing in our lives.  Although she's a widow, she and her family have been so bountifully generous in love and hospitality toward our family.  We're blessed to know them!

[361] Carolers

An ornament on our tree.

[362] Christmas heart

One day while Fernando was in therapy, I took advantage of the 40-degree temperatures and wandered over to my parents' neck of the woods to explore a new extension to the Naperville Riverwalk.  This area is known as Willoway Commons; it is pretty even in winter with no snow.

[363] Willoway Commons

The below is just about SOOC.  Everything was brown!  But I think it's beautiful nonetheless.

[364] Winter river

I strolled over to the bridge to capture this shot looking north up the DuPage River.  I love the reflection in the water.

[365] Scene from a bridge


So...  Happy New Year, all!  Thank you for welcoming me to your 365 Project blogs, and thank you for visiting mine!  I'm not sure what type of 365 Project I'll undertake this year, but I'll be making the decision very soon.  Please don't be a stranger!  All of God's love and blessings to you this year!!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Christine!

    These were some amazing pictures! I enjoyed going through each one.

    Praying 2012 will be a great new year for you and your family.

    I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos. I'm not following any particular 365 project, but I am trying to take photos every day or every couple of days and share them weekly. I probably should look for an actual 365 project to follow to meet new people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making it to the end! Love the shots - especially the carolers and the all brown picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your nature pictures. You have some beautiful places around you. Love the picture of Jacob with his grandma and the carolers. I wish we had some this year. It is becoming less & less each year. :(
    Beautiful ornament too.
    Your pictures have inspired me all year.

    ReplyDelete