Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project 52 -- Resolution

I finally found a place for one of my photographic projects this year! 

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

I will be able to participate in this project throughout the year, without feeling the pressure to take a shot every day.  Project 52 seems to be better suited to what I want to do--focusing on a weekly challenge, and posting one photo each week.  My personal challenge will be to fulfill the assignment, since I usually just take pictures of my everyday life and activities, and don't go out seeking to take a picture representing ___ (fill in the blank).

I still plan on taking photos every week, and posting them here.  Those will be my Project 2012 images, linked from my sidebar.  On to my first Project 52 post!


This week's challengeresolution

My photo:

manual mode, 17-85mm lens at 17mm, ISO 400, f8, 1/100 second

The reason I chose this photo:  This image came to me at the end of a short walk I took at the Naperville Riverwalk.  I took the first images of this spectacular sunset braced against a tree trunk and branch, and then I ended up sitting down on the sidewalk and using my knees as a tripod.  I sat there for a while, just drinking in the incredible colors the Lord was painting on the sky.  This year, I am resolved to find the Lord's hand and His beauty in every situation.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo ! What a beautiful painting the Lord gave to you !
    Your resolution is great : we don't think enough about all the presents the Lord give to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Sounds like a great project. I'll have to check into it myself.

    ReplyDelete