Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 6 2/5-2/11

Project 2012
Week 6 -- February 5-February 11



1.  Take pictures
2.  Share at least one--and up to seven!
(Click on the graphic above if you're interested in joining us!)


Late, late, late.  I'm late with everything!!  I flew to Georgia to spend several days with my sister, and to shoot a two-day Mother/Daughter Encouragement weekend which her family puts on through SECHDF which they founded.  I shoot candid images all throughout the two-day event; I also shot portrait images of mothers with their daughter(s).  All of the images I'm sharing from Week 6 are from this event.  I ended up choosing several black and white images, which I like for various reasons.


My favorite photos

Miss J put together all the crafts for several different craft times.  The ladies and girls all enjoyed themselves, so I think Miss J did a great job!  She also helped decorate the dining area for our meals.

[36] Conference preparation

A typical craft time image, where the ladies/girls created prayer journals or recipe books.  I edited the below for black and white, and also kept a color copy.  The lighting in the room was, um, not the best, so I used grain in the images to accentuate the buzz of activity captured in the image.

[37] Conference craft time

When I shoot candid images at events, I love to use my 70-300mm to capture unstaged moments.  Another challenge I like to take on is shooting during meals--I've been on the receiving end of being shot with my fork full of food half inside my mouth, so I know that "eating images" are not appreciated.  If I don't want my food-filled mouth in a picture, I refuse to capture others in the same pose.  'Nuff said.  :)  I captured the below, which worked nicely in black and white.

 [38] Lunchtime profile

Detail on the cake made by Chef Gregory, owner of Perception of Elegance and the caterer of the event.

[39] Mother/Daughter cake

I love the below shot for several reasons.  First, the black and white helps me to focus on the light, as opposed to the various colors that would have been present in the shot.  Second, I love how the side light from the sunny window reflects on her hair.  Finally, I love the fact that I saw so many young ladies and even young girls doing needlework!  If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that needlework is something I never learned how to do.  :)

[40] Crocheting

Now a few color photos to round out my week.  I love the jars of water lined up ever so nicely on the table.  I don't know who did it, but if it had been I, I would've lined them up in the exact way--one very tidy row, with the logos all facing front.  Such organization!

[41] Refreshment

During one of the speaker workshops, I was on my way to do some food photography.  I spied this young lady at my business table while she was watching my slide show from last year's mother/daughter weekend.  It tickled me, so I took her picture.

[42] Slide show

Thanks for bearing with me being so late with my photos, and for neglecting you!  I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, and hope to have my blogging routine well in hand again.  It's now already time to get the next week's images up!

See you soon!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. I'm not sure I would know/see what should be taken at an event like that. I tend to take pictures of big scenes and forget to focus on individual, simple scenes. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete