Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Needle Pulling Thread

I'm still hooked on the Mother/Daughter Encouragement event that I shot in Georgia this past February.  I've blogged about the food (here and here), but today's post features needlework.  This skill has been largely lost among today's generation, but there are some who keep it alive.  I for one am envious (in a good way) of those who are proficient at crocheting, knitting, and sewing.  I never really picked it up, but wish I had.

Today, I present to you those special ladies and young ladies who are carrying on this beautiful art.


It was so special to see the young ladies chatting with one another, teaching each other this skill.



It was just as special to see moms involved with their daughters, sitting alongside them and sharing their wisdom.



This incredible young lady made an entire bonnet!  (I was impressed.)







The below image is my favorite from this needlework series.  I love the side lighting, turning her hair golden, and the soft, sweet expression on her face.  Black and white both complements and emphasizes the light.  Such a beautiful young lady!



Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, and you could easily learn needle work now. I taught a group of my friends how to crochet last month, and they all learned. You should get someone to teach you. :)

    ReplyDelete