Monday, April 2, 2012

P2012 Week 13 -- March 25-31

Project 2012 -- Week 13
March 25 - March 31


How to Link Up With Us

1.  Click here to read the Project 2012 Guidelines, and to get the code to place in your blog.
2.  Fill out the little form below (insert the URL of your blog postnot the main URL of your blog).
3.  Please visit others' links and leave comments; you will receive visits and comments in return!



My Week 13 Photos

Last week was Flower Week!  I can't even begin to tell you how unusual it is for us to have blooming things in this part of the country at this time of year!  I'm waiting with dread for the next snowfall that kills all this beautiful color.  But then again, maybe that won't happen!

[85] Bleeding heart

I loved the below tulips happily blooming away on the grounds where we have church each week.  I loved them so much that you'll see them as my blog header (if you're reading this post in the spring of 2012!).

[86] Tulips

The same day I took the above, these two little friends spotted me wandering around.  (I did a photo shoot with the family of the sweetheart on the left last autumn.)  My Ellie is a trustworthy and hardy companion, and she consented to these two girls using her to capture some surprisingly good images!  Katie and Megan are only 6 and 9--future photographers in the making!

[87] Girlfriends

At my parents' house, I had fun wandering around the yard oohing at my mom's pretty flowers.

[88] Purple hyacinth

[89] Grow

I had to take several kinds of action shots for my photography class, so the guys and I headed out to a field across from some local businesses.  They set up their dad's sawhorse and started running and jumping away while I attempted to capture the images I needed.  I got a lot of awesome shots--such as the below--and I'll probably have a separate post featuring the incredible jumping abilities of Danny and Thomas.  :)

[90] Jumping for fun

At one point one of the guys commented that someone had pulled over to the side of the road.  I looked over, and the driver (a guy, with his girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat) had pulled out his iPhone and was taking pictures of me taking pictures of the boys!  It was pretty funny.  Since we had the sawhorse and tripod all set up, maybe they thought we were doing a professional shoot or something.  We got a good laugh about it.

All that jumping made hungry boys, so we went across the street to our favorite dessert spot.

[91] Frozen custard

There's nothing like Andy's frozen custard.  Jacob is holding my Ozark Turtle Sundae, my usual purchase at Andy's.  It makes me smile.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Such great photos. Love the color of the flowers, and I can't believe the jumping shots you get of your boys, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shots... and now I want a turtle sundae. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should've put Thomas in soccer when he was 2...I think he could've gone pro. Really :-)

    ReplyDelete