Saturday, May 5, 2012

Downtown Plainfield

Time for some photog class photos again.  :)

A photog class assignment is a great excuse to go somewhere in search of great shots.  I met up with my younger brother in downtown Plainfield to find things to shoot.  I usually go out into nature of some sort, so this was a bit of a challenge.

Downtown Plainfield is a neat little downtown area, y'know, a real small-town downtown with old buildings, beautiful architecture, and center-of-town ambiance like no other place in town.


As we walked through a little park, I spotted a church steeple, and took several frame within a frame shots.


See the plane in the below?  I decided not to Photoshop it out.  :)


As I approached the base of the church building, I looked up again and was able to capture a nice view of the cross, complete with avian decoration.


Here's a quick capture of a bumblebee with my kit lens--it would've taken too long to change to my macro lens.


More neat architecture.


I tried more frame within a frame shots by catching this family walking down the sidewalk, and the shop awnings framing them nicely.


The scene in the below window is actually a reflection of the bar & grill across the street.  The guy and girl in the foreground are about to get on his Harley; I was so focused on getting the shot that I jumped about a foot when he started it!   Can you see me taking the shot in the window?


I accidentally took this shot as my brother and I arrived back at the parking lot where I parked.  I had a great time with my brother.  Thanks, Jeff!




Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice looking city to shoot in. Love the ones of the church steeple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could see more of downtown Plainfield. Hubby and I use to go there all the time. So quaint and pretty, though I'm sure it's changed a lot since we've been there. :)

    ReplyDelete