Friday, June 15, 2012

Flower Power!!

In between being a wife and mom, and overseeing the household maintenance, I take photos.  And in between portrait sessions and other business work (it's not all work!), I shoot a lot.  It's almost summer, after all!  And who can ignore all that color around the yard, in neighbor's gardens, walking down the street?  Not I.  And so I share with you today all the glorious things I've recently seen.  (It's either this or you get a gazillion posts about flowers in your blog reader!)

So really--grab a cup of coffee or tea, and scroll slowly through as you enjoy your morning cuppa!

Threadleaf coreopsis

Variegated beard tongue

Since the bees love my variegated beard tongue, I couldn't resist plopping myself down in front of them, listening to the hum and buzz all around me, and trying to capture these little guys feasting on nature's yumminess.


I discovered that bees really do take off backwards!

Takeoff #1

Takeoff #2



Dianthus

Blue oat grass--this little guy is recovering from a near-death experience.

Yep--I have weeds, too!

Happy daisies




Another weed--at least it's pretty!

Yucca flower stalk--I'd rather get rid of these plants, though the blooms are pretty.

Yucca blooms--they are pretty, indeed.

Garlic scapes -- hey, it's the flower of the garlic!  It still counts!!

Dianthus

Woodland hydrangea

Cherry tomato blossoms

Sweet pepper blossom

Astilbe "Peach Blossom"

Dreamy colors

Heliopsis (false sunflower) -- pretty daisy-like blooms, about 1.5" wide

Astilbe "Peach Blossom"  (yeah, it's pink)


Woodland hydrangea

Asiatic lily -- dramatic blooms

Purple coneflower "Powwow Wild Berry" -- just starting to bloom!

 Astilbe "Bridal Veil"

Hosta blooms

Monster dandelion about 3" in diameter


I absolutely love-love-love this coneflower variety!

Astilbe "Bridal Veil"

I spied a fly on my astilbe.  (Too bad that doesn't all rhyme!)




Whew!  I'm flowered out.  Except you'll probably see another flower post real soon!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment: