Thursday, August 9, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 30

Project 2012 -- Week 30
July 22-28


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time for looking back over the past week, choosing my seven favorites images, and sharing them here with you.  If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!


Ahh, our second week of vacation was just as fun as the first.  I'm posting such a small fraction of the images I took, so I'll be making some individual posts for stuff I want to highlight in more depth.

One Sunday, we got to attend my cousins Tom's and Mary's church.  We had the privilege of hearing their testimonies and witnessing their baptisms, too!  Their church had a picnic afterward, so we went to that as well.  The below shot is looking down into the open-air pavilion at Thompson Park where the picnic was held.  It was a beautiful day on all counts.

[204] Pavilion arches

I had been trying to capture the hummingbirds at the feeder all the previous week, with not much success.  The below shot is another attempt.  It's not great, and the bird is not in good focus, but I love the position I captured him in.  He reminds me of the descriptions I've read of the seraphim in the Bible, with their wings spread.  I think some artists have rendered seraphim in this fashion.  I think the hummingbird will get its own post, since I have several decent shots.  :)

[205] Hummingbird seraph

A typical scene from the dock.

[206] Cloud scene

Below is the front of my Dad's little Cadillac boat, once belonging to his father and which he restored to working order.  That horn has a very distinct sound, and everyone knows it well.

[207] Horn on the Caddy

After shooting the sunset one night, I walked back to the house and saw the below scene.  It was so warm and inviting.

[208] Summer's eve

One day, Mom, Danny, and I took a walk.  We spotted the below frog and had some fun trying to capture him mid-hop.

[209] Hop

Our last evening on the lake didn't disappoint; the sunset was another beautiful one.  Yes, the sunsets will get their own post, too.

[210] Sunset and boat ride


I'd love to be back on the dock right now, sitting and snapping every now and then as the sun sets and the colors deepen into night.  I'm so glad I live in the age of photography--a perfect way to capture perfect memories!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shots - love the frog jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful area. You sure are blessed to have an area like that to vacation at.

    ReplyDelete