Saturday, October 27, 2012

Place de la Concorde | Paris Travel

Shot with camera lens motion blur; in le Jardin des Tuileries, looking toward place de la Concorde and the Obelisk.


Our Silver Paris

Welcome to my Paris travel journal,
where I share our experiences of our special journey to Paris.
Please use these posts as a guide for your own travels
to this amazing and wonderful city!
Or simply read, and dream...



Yes, it's still the day of our silver anniversary!  We still had many places to visit, and you'll get to read about them all.  After visiting the exterior of le Louvre, we walked through le jardin des Tuileries.  As we walked along the main pathway in le jardin, we spotted the Obelisk in the distance.


Once we got close enough, I zoomed in for a shot of the Obelisk in place de la Concorde.


See those ornate gilded gates?  Those gates are the exit (or entrance!) to le jardin des Tuileries, and we were headed through them and into place de la Concorde.



Here is the Obelisk in the place.


The lamp posts at the exit to le jardin des Tuileries were ornate, to say the least.


The clouds broke, just a bit, and I captured some sunlit shots of the Obelisk.


The place, looking south toward the Seine River.


The Obelisk, which is 3,300 years old, arrived in the 19th century, along with the fountains and statues in the place.


Here's a better view of one of the lamp posts.


Fountain in place de la Concorde.


It's always amazing to stand among so much rich history!  But it was time to move on, across the place and onward toward the final destination of our day.

Looking west down avenue Champs-Élysées.



Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how many more words I can use for your pictures without repeating myself. :) They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete