Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Joanna's Wedding Shower | Chicagoland Event Photographer

I had the wonderful privilege of attending and shooting this very special wedding shower, held for a beautiful young southern lady.  Although I would've loved to have traveled south to shoot the shower there, she visited up north.  Because she and her family have so many friends here where they used to live, a wedding shower was held for her here.  Enjoy some highlights and favorites from this very special afternoon.


I'm constantly in awe of people who can decorate--whether it's signs, tables, or food.  I just don't have the knack.  I can, however, take a beautiful picture of all that.  :)




These flower decorations were created with sewing patterns.  Aren't they gorgeous?




All showers must involve a silly game--I think it's a rule.  This one featured a "create-a-gown" game where teams had to make a gown from special "fabric" (that would be toilet paper).


Little helper.



Seriously, these toilet paper gowns were so beautiful you could almost walk down the aisle in one!






The beautiful bride-to-be.



Gifts for the littler ladies.


Look at that sweet expression of warmth and joy!  Such a wonderful young lady, who is so very excited to be getting married just after the New Year.  I'm just as excited for her.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great pictures. Looks like a beautiful shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn! It was a beautiful shower and a very fun time together. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pics, Christine! My mind goes back to fun times eating grilled burgers in their back yard. This is a neat family. I miss them. And she was a lady of fine character back then. I expect she has grown to be a godly and virtuous woman today. God bless Joanna and the man she will marry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craver! Yes, they *are* a neat family, and Joanna and Jonathan are a wonderful match. :)

      Delete