Monday, December 17, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 50

Project 2012 -- Week 50
December 9-15


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time to look back over the past week, 
choose seven favorite images I've taken, and share them here with you.  
If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment 
so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!



What a busy week!  I wasn't caught up in Christmas stuff, necessarily, but I was busy with lots of other things.  I've gotten used to using my 50mm lens for shooting, but I seriously miss my basic lens.  I'll definitely need another lens next year, as shooting a wedding may officially be on my calendar!

The below is my phone upgrade.  Going from my beloved, but dying, flip phone to a smart phone was a huge step for me, a super-non-techy person.  But after about ten days with my new phone (as of today), I find that I'm loving it.  I do very basic things on the Internet--email, Facebook, and Pinterest--and I can access all of those from my phone.  Although, there's nothing like an actual keyboard under one's fingers.  :)

[344] My phone is smart!

My cayenne turned out nice and red this year!  It made for some very pretty cayenne pepper flakes.  The process:  cayenne plant, pick peppers, string and dry, cut stems off, process with stick blender, store.  Yum!

[345] Cayenne pepper

One really, really nice feature of my 50mm lens:  an f/1.4 aperture!  On a whim one night, I experimented with bokeh.  For some reason, Danny decided to cover himself with a blanket.  *goofy*

[346] Fun with bokeh

Well, it was a bunch of hype, but since Fernando happened to be home for lunch on Tuesday, 12/12/12, we set up the camera with the timer and captured a shot at 12:12pm.

[347] 12:12 on 12/12/12

Thomas is a goofy young man.  However, he's a great thinker and sometimes uses his noggin to design some very interesting things.

[348] K'nex crossbow

There's a wedding coming up, and I'm actually thinking ahead for it--though not much!  A gift--ack!  But at least I took some pictures and will use one of them, probably this one below, to create wedding cards.

[349] Wedding lace

Finally, I did spend time on one Christmas item--making cookies for our church's Christmas Hymn Sing on Saturday night.  I found a friend's photocopied recipe for cream cheese spritz cookies.  I had never made them, so decided to try it.  I have a Pampered Chef cookie press, and the cookies turned out beautifully.  Here they are, below, waiting their turn in the oven.

[350] Spritz cookies

Life has taken a sudden turn this past weekend, and many things may be changing for my family and me.  I'm so glad that I have peace through Jesus, His gift of salvation, and the rock solid assurance that my Father in heaven has my life and times in His hand.  I'll share more as events unfold, I promise.  Please have a beautiful week in the Lord!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. LOVE my smart phone... great bokeh and the lace is so pretty! The lighting is great on the cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge techie, but haven't gone to a smart phone yet, just not in the budget right now. Glad you like yours. Love the 12/12/12 photo, so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete