Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Winter Stroll

Knoch Knolls Park.  I've visited there before (see here and here).  Now, on a warm Sunday afternoon at the beginning of December, Fernando and I decided to take a stroll down some of the paths here.  The scenery did not disappoint, even at the beginning of winter.

Looking across the bridge

I spied a fisherman fly-fishing in the river!


I think the below image is worthy of a card.  I may just have some printed.




I'm not a big fan of shooting into the sun, although some photographer achieve great results using this effect.  I must say, though, that the below image turned out beautifully!


I took several shots of the sun as it set.  I just couldn't choose one; the colors were so pretty on this winter day, and the trees stood as stark spindly shadows against the light spread across the sky.






We headed a little farther along the path, then turned around and retraced our steps.



In one clearing, there were picnic tables and a chiminea backing to the woods.


We came to the wooden footbridge across the river, and it presented a pretty scene.


At the middle of the footbridge, the view was sweet and peaceful.


Looking in the other direction, the other bridge stood out against the colors of the setting sun.


I think that I've collected several images which will be turned into cards.  *happy smile*


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty area. So glad you guys could go for a nice walk there and enjoy the sights. :)

    ReplyDelete