Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Signs of Spring

The calendar may say that technically, legally, it's here.  And although the weather refuses to cooperate, the signs are beginning to, literally, pop up.  Right out of the ground.

At my friend's home the other day, I spotted crocuses!




Back at my own home, and with my repaired macro lens (very, very happy girl here!!!), I wandered my yard to see what I could see.  I accidentally wore my slippers, too.

 Daffodils.


The sage is still dormant, but it made for pretty pictures.



The coral bells are still curly and brown, but there are a few hints of colorful leaves.

Coral bells heuchera "Marmalade"

I wondered if I would find anything in my veggie garden.  Sure enough, steady as she goes, garlic was sprouting up everywhere, right where we planted it last autumn.


I had to really look for the rhubarb plants; I hope this continues to grow!


Finally, after removing the protective straw, I found--strawberry leaves!


Just seeing the pretty green leaves makes my mouth water.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment