Friday, June 21, 2013

The Millenium Carillon

May 3.

Although I had been to the Millenium Carillon last year with Jacob's college music class, I got to go again this year with Danny's music class.  How fun!


The Riverwalk in Naperville is truly a beautiful place to wander around!



The view from partway up.

One of the carillon bells.





Looking west along the river.

Our guide played the carillon for us.

The view from the top.

Tree on the lawn below.

A misty, dreamy landscape.

Downtown Naperville.

 Sts. Peter & Paul Church.

Martin Mitchell Museum at Naper Settlement.


The smaller bells.

Riverwalk and the (empty) Centennial Beach.



Last year, some Canada geese obligingly let me take their photo.  This year, it was a squirrel.  It absolutely did not care that I kept getting closer and closer, finally about three feet away.  It was concentrating on its dinner.




Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty pictures. Naperville has always been a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete