Thursday, December 26, 2013

Weekly Header Challenge - Boxes

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew 


I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Feel free to click on the other participants' blogs
to see what they've come up with!


Theme ~ Boxes


This week's theme was chosen by Katney, who was thinking about Boxing Day for our Brit participant.  :)  I actually have pictures of boxes, which I find humorous.  My header is from autumn 2012, when my parents' new home was move-in ready, and we were able to clear out our garage of all their boxes:

Eighty percent of this stuff is theirs!

The below was written on one of the boxes packed by the movers.  It was sufficiently funny to be picture-worthy.  ;)


Below is a random image of Isaiah at last year's Labor Day parade.  All the kids in our multi-family group brought boxes to stash the candy that is normally passed out by the parade participants to the onlookers.  I don't think he filled his huge box.


Part of every Christmas at our house is the putting away of the tree ornaments.  Every several years, I am compelled to go through the ornaments and cull the ones that are no longer loved, or that are broken, etc.  Then comes a re-organization phase, since I'm wired that way (almost obsessively).  Many ornaments have stories, and I want to make sure they're packed carefully away so I can find them again the next year.  Below are photos I took of last year's re-organization process.



Every shoebox is labeled with every ornament inside (told you I was obsessive).  And everything is so neat and tidy!


Just an FYI--I took these pictures to blog about the organization process; if you want to read about it, click on over to my family blog and enjoy!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Lots of boxes and nice to have the garage back! I would be careful of the "shad" box. We are working to get room in our garage for the van again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic pic of Isaiah! Such a great candid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well boxed up this week Christine, good show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine: Fun captures for boxes day. Loved the box hat the best.

    ReplyDelete