Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Weekly Header Challenge -- Food

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!

Theme ~ Food

Chosen by Craver.


Ahhh, food.  If I'm going to eat it, it has to be good food.  If I'm going to make it, it also should look beautiful.  And if I'm going to shoot it, it needs to look beautiful!  Here are my food photos--I made it, I presented it, I shot it.

My most recent new recipe--Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake.  Yeah, it was that good.  *drool*


Red Lentil Soup (amazing!).

Four-Cheese Ravioli with fried sage leaves and brown butter sauce.
(I bought the ravioli but made everything else.)

Stack of whole-wheat pancakes with strawberry sauce.  And syrup.

I make my own vanilla with vodka and Madagascar vanilla beans.

Strawberry shortcake.  When no whipping cream is available, use ice cream.

Homemade strawberry preserves, using agar instead of pectin as a thickener.

Fernando grilled it!  Red peppers are from my garden.

One of my one-pound heirloom tomatoes.

Canning my jalapenos (and my garlic).

Butternut squash growing in my garden.

Garden harvest.

Pico de gallo -- fresh salsa with everything from my garden.

I started this blog post with cake, so I'll end it with cake!

Chocolate Cake to the Max.

Merry Christmas!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Yum yum, well done you MDF Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cake, BBQ Sausages looks scrum my too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful captures for the week Christine, what a neat show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks yummy! Merry Christmas! (And don't try to eat all of that in one sitting! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a soup person all winter, so would have preferred the soup as a header. But then again, the cake, the cake.

    Do share the soup recipe, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so wrong to see this glorious showing of deliciousness without being able to eat any of it. These pics made me drool!!!

    ReplyDelete